Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my ECU located. I would look through my Manual but I dont have it with me at work. The streets are flooded and the Highways are jammed to the point of a complete stop. Just want to know before I go have fun down the street.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Under the bonnet, far back right hand corner. Hiding under a plastic cover. Underneath the ECI you will find a whole bunch of crap. Clean it out. My son, AAXD, who is also ColinS but can't remember his password, had trouble there this weekend. Good thing he pulled the ecu apart and cleaned that out too. Upon opening the case, he discovered a whole lot of corrosion goin on. He just about $hit when I took the hose and sprayed blasted it out.
Location of the ECU is perhaps one of the top 10 stupidest LR engineering decisions. Didn't they ever hear the expression "High and Dry"?

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Terry, thanks! Is there a way to relocate it? Would I have to extend the harness myself or is there a company that makes a relocation kit? Wonder if I can put it in a permanently placed Pelican case on the roof rack!...just joking :D If there is a way to relocate it, I guess the best place would the the glove box? or the compartment in the center console where you rest your elbow? I'll do some research on this. Thanks again, and I'll make sure to give your son a Welcome home. He was overseas correct?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.