Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally/unfortunately diagnosed my intermitten overheating issue in my 02 disco 2. I am a mechanic with access to a machine shop but I'm having an issue tracking down a set of liners here in the US to update the block. Has anyone on here found a place to buy them yet?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have researched Turner they seem to have everything I would need, guess I will try and contact them and see if they ship internationally. I'd venture to say that shipping will hit that bank a bit. Thanks for the info!

· Registered
4 Posts
Would you keep the readers here posted on how your connection with Turner Engineering works out? And postal costs? Twould be appreciated! (Maybe places like Atlantic British might sell them too, since they are re-building in same fashion?)

· certified idiot
694 Posts
the two biggest liner suppliers in the US for aftermarket are Darton and LAliners. I think both are probably more expensive than turner in the UK and Turner has them in stock and if you are nice to Frida they will ship them out the next day
good luck
Barri

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have decided to go through turner. They do ship internationally at a VERY reasonable price. I am going all out. Liners, main bearings, rod bearings, cam and cam bearings, oil pump, complete gasket kit, new rod bolts, new head bolts, timing chain and gears, piston rings, and lifters. This is going to cost about $1100 USD with 75 of that for shipping(rough estimates on currency exchange) if there are quite a few interested I will start a new post and document everything to let others how it goes.
Also my machinist is doing this one for free (I'm cashing in a few favors haha) but he said he would normally charge 400-450 for the work. So I would have right at $1500 total by the time I buy oil and filter, coolant, assembly lube, ect. Check back in a few weeks for pics. I'm going to start pulling the engine this week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.