Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the springs on my '71 109" SW.

As there are several options, do any of you have strong feelings or past history? It seems like the options are: Rocky Mtn (Wise Owl), Santana, or British Spring (from Rovers North).

Also, the springs on the front are fairly new- while the rear springs are shot. Is there a problem with replace only the rears with para's (front being semi-elleptical)?

What are the performance differences between OME, genuine, and Pro Comp shocks.

Thanks.

:dunno:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Jared said:
I need to replace the springs on my '71 109" SW.

Also, the springs on the front are fairly new- while the rear springs are shot. Is there a problem with replace only the rears with para's (front being semi-elleptical)?

They say to replace the whole set at once but I did the front two and the rear several months later. I didn't notice any problems but still I would recommend you do all at the same time. I run on RM and like them.

Greg S
1970 109 SW LHD

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shocks

Thanks for the feedback.

I still need some opinions on the different shock options I have- stock, OME, etc.

My driving is 80% road- with the 20% off-road being a sampling of Colorado's tougher trails.

Thanks! :drive:

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you are to fit para's to your landy you need to fit a long travel shock so you get the most out of your springs in travel distance when offroading.

Most long travel shocks are a firm ride unless you get the adjustable type like Rancho's, Tough dog etc. In my experience I would stick to a well known shock that suits the landy like OME, Bilsterin Koni etc they are all good quaility .

I have fitted all these in the past and found them all to good

Adam :beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts