Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want pictures of some lifted pretty high ones right now.

I am just curious who has the biggest lift that is on the board I don't want to see one that nobody knows the owner one that is among us and still looks good not cut up to much.

I know mine is up there but not the biggest I don't think atleast.

With 33"

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Mine is not the biggest but I may gofor honorable mention...:D

· Registered
424 Posts
Jesus, you aussies go all out.. I wish people in the US did more stuff like this..

Mine isn't too lifted yet. Here is mine, it's about 2 inches higher than stock (HD OME springs).

Could people please add what upgrades gave them the lift (and any upgrades that had to be added due to the lift (drive shafts, etc)

on 32"

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
p76rangie said:
The photos above look pretty standard. I was expecting some monster trucks from you guys in the states.

I see them here in town...But I don't own them....the guys at pikes peak rovers have had some beast at their place....The kind of trucks that make me want to make mne bigger!!

sO FAR I AM THE ONLY ONE WITHOUT A COMPLETE REAR 1/4 PANEL..WOO HOO go ground clearence for cheap...LOL....

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
I think I mentioned this previously, but a few weeks ago, I was following AAXD down some street in Portsmouth, NH, when he called me on my cell, and told me to check my rear view mirror. All I could see was the fairlead in the middle of Jesse Ware's (BW Overland)front bumper of his Range Rover. He also has a pretty nice 110, and I think he was following me to figure out who else had one in town

· Magicly Delicious
1,019 Posts
yieldsign2 said:
Jesus, you aussies go all out.. I wish people in the US did more stuff like this..
you've obvoisly never seen what they do to these trucks in Iceland.

· ryans ROVER
185 Posts
iv been looking for a lift kit for my 94 county...where did you get yours and how many inches is the kit?

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
ryanc8514 said:
iv been looking for a lift kit for my 94 county...where did you get yours and how many inches is the kit?
I have Old Man Emu hd springs and shocks, 2" lift....... My next purchase is going to be 3" lift from RTE...

· Registered
162 Posts
How did you attach your Aux light?

yieldsign2 said:

Mine isn't too lifted yet. Here is mine, it's about 2 inches higher than stock (HD OME springs).

Could people please add what upgrades gave them the lift (and any upgrades that had to be added due to the lift (drive shafts, etc)

on 32"
yieldsign2, not to sway from the subject but I see you don't have the A-bar or brushguard and wondering how you attached your lights?

· Registered
424 Posts
AdrianL said:
yieldsign2, not to sway from the subject but I see you don't have the A-bar or brushguard and wondering how you attached your lights?
Originally, on my old 87 rover, i just drilled holes in teh bumper and mounted them there. The problem is these lights are pretty deep.. they are hella 1000FF. The result was not really being able to aim them off the ground 2 feet in front of me, because i had to drill all the way out on teh slanted front part of teh bumper almost, for them to clear the grille. I spent a couple hours a few weeks ago fabbing up some mounts for them. They are kind of a spread "Z" shape. Basically lifts them up and out from the bumper so that they can be aimed correctly. It could use some supports welded in for rigidity, if you are off roading or hit sharp bumps on the road they vibrate a little, but regardless they aren't "legal" on the road anyway I'm pretty sure, and it's not enough to mess with your eyes, at least mine.

Pics...(i made the brackets twice. the first time was with too thin metal - way too much vibration. The thicker ones are the ones on there now.)

ok BACK TO ON TOPIC :)

· Registered
388 Posts
95LWB w/ RTE 3" Lift

RTE HD Springs
RTE Pinion Corrected Front Arms
RTE Rear Links
RTE Relocated Dampner
OME Shocks (Toyota Landcruiser)
Tom Woods DC Front Driveshaft
LT230 Conversion
93 LWB Rear Ujoint Driveshaft
EE Lowered Rear Shock Mounts

· Registered
162 Posts
Thanks for the info

yieldsign2 said:
Originally, on my old 87 rover, i just drilled holes in teh bumper and mounted them there. The problem is these lights are pretty deep.. they are hella 1000FF. The result was not really being able to aim them off the ground 2 feet in front of me, because i had to drill all the way out on teh slanted front part of teh bumper almost, for them to clear the grille. I spent a couple hours a few weeks ago fabbing up some mounts for them. They are kind of a spread "Z" shape. Basically lifts them up and out from the bumper so that they can be aimed correctly. It could use some supports welded in for rigidity, if you are off roading or hit sharp bumps on the road they vibrate a little, but regardless they aren't "legal" on the road anyway I'm pretty sure, and it's not enough to mess with your eyes, at least mine.

Pics...(i made the brackets twice. the first time was with too thin metal - way too much vibration. The thicker ones are the ones on there now.)

ok BACK TO ON TOPIC :)

Thanks alot for the info. I am going to be installing the Black Magic which is about 2" thick and I have measured the bumper and it will work without the bracket. But that is a great fab idea you have done.

Truck's looking good too!!

· Registered
76 Posts
sven said:
95LWB w/ RTE 3" Lift
LT230 Conversion
Very nice. Was this conversion a pain? Do you remember (and do you mind sharing) how much you had to spend in extra parts, and how many hours it took do do? Did you do the work yourself or have a shop do it?

I've got a '95 SWB and so far the BW works great, but I know some day the VC will fail and the cost to replace it will be comparable to the cost of a good used LT230, so I'm just thinkin'.

· Registered
388 Posts
drg said:
Very nice. Was this conversion a pain? Do you remember (and do you mind sharing) how much you had to spend in extra parts, and how many hours it took do do? Did you do the work yourself or have a shop do it?

I've got a '95 SWB and so far the BW works great, but I know some day the VC will fail and the cost to replace it will be comparable to the cost of a good used LT230, so I'm just thinkin'.
I really lucked out...I found on D90.org a complete LT230, RR linkage, and front CV style driveshaft for $450. Plus it was 50 miles from me and I was able to pick it up.

On a 95, its a nice conversion. You already have the D1 style center console, you just need the shift boot and rubber surround from a D1. Also need the window switch bezel too. I found these items on ebay super-cheap.

Your existing parking brake assembly swaps right over. You have to drill one hole if I remember correctly, no big deal.

Took about 6 hours using my friends shop and lift. The hardest part was figuring out the wiring for the shift interlock. What a PITA.

The first thing I noticed after the conversion was how easily the steering wheel turned...my VC was totally shot at 90K miles.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.