Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going crazy with this noise and I for the life of me cant figure it. I have changed tranny fluid, both diff fluids, transfer case fluid and greased driveshafts. I am begging somebody to listen and tell me what it is. It occurs when letting off gas and coasting. Here is the noise, give it a shot PLEASE! This is the best recording i could get.

·
Mr. t
561 Posts
Can you explain at what points it happens? Like during decel, Etc..

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
noise

It occurs when letting off the gas and coasting, like before you come to a stop sign it stops when the vehicle is almost at a stop. But definately any time i let off the gas and it starts to slow.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Are you sure its from the transmission? How about a bad bearing in the alternator or a loose belt.
If it was that it would do it all the the time I would think, not just when coasting?

I can't say from hearing it but noise travels. Perhaps a pinion bearing going bad? Doesn't sound like the usual growl, but perhaps worth checking? They usually growl when you let off the gas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.