Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just ran by the local Land Rover dealership to check out a '97 Willow Green NAS D90 they have for sale. The thing has 68K miles and looks to be in really good condition. Guess how much they want? Mind you this is the Silicon Valley, land of techies with fat wallets...

$43K :eek: Then again, gotta love how these babies are actually increasing in value over time.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Well, you gotta figure a dealer is gonna go for it. When I see the asking prices of NAS 110 trucks of 60-70K, I laugh. Anyone walks in here with 35 K in their hands and that paper is signed over so fast it would make your head spin.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured you'd be the first to respond to this, Terry. :)

Yeah, this particular dealer is infamous for jacking the price. Hell, why not? Then again, considering there are so few of these particular vehicles roaming around this area, I wonder if this one has a bad history. I say this because I've seen this rig (or its identical twin) on the lot before. Makes me wonder whether it has some mechanical issues or something. Either that or the people buying it don't really know what they're getting into, i.e., they like the look and then realize it doesn't drive like their friend's Disco or Rangie. Who knows? I'd consider trading mine in for it if I didn't have take the damn rack off in order to get it in the garage.

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
GriffSC said:
I figured you'd be the first to respond to this, Terry. :)

Yeah, this particular dealer is infamous for jacking the price. Hell, why not? Then again, considering there are so few of these particular vehicles roaming around this area, I wonder if this one has a bad history. I say this because I've seen this rig (or its identical twin) on the lot before. Makes me wonder whether it has some mechanical issues or something. Either that or the people buying it don't really know what they're getting into, i.e., they like the look and then realize it doesn't drive like their friend's Disco or Rangie. Who knows? I'd consider trading mine in for it if I didn't have take the damn rack off in order to get it in the garage.
SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS!!!!!Is that what they are going for? I tell ya what we need to start finding a way to ship these things over ASAP! I wonder what my 109 is worth then. Maybe I'm sitting on a few goldmines.
I think your right.I find that people mistake the Defender as another luxury cousin to the disco and rangie and are taken
in by the splendor of its spartan interior and its utilitarian look and after the first trip to their chiropractor have instantly fell out of love with it.

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
macdon2000 said:
I can't belive how much you are talking about for a LR.
Why so much over there. Can't you just import from the UK?
There were only a very limited amount of Defenders imported to the US.It is tricky importing thtem for soooo many reasons I couldnt possably be able to explain them all.(I'M sure someone else on LRO will) It makes them very rare and very expensive. We in the UK are VERY lucky. I remember living in seattle reading LRE and just being realy frustrated looking at the "For Sale" section wishing we could get those prices in the US. We are lucky.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Series 3 guy said:
There were only a very limited amount of Defenders imported to the US.It is tricky importing thtem for soooo many reasons I couldnt possably be able to explain them all.(I'M sure someone else on LRO will) It makes them very rare and very expensive. We in the UK are VERY lucky. I remember living in seattle reading LRE and just being realy frustrated looking at the "For Sale" section wishing we could get those prices in the US. We are lucky.
No kidding man!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.