Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This BB was once active, now almost dead. What's everyone's opinion on why?

Personally, the new layout seems a bit slower and the new look is not as inviting. Hardly real reasons, but none the less this BB is much weaker than it was.

As an observation the Alfa BB also changed to the new hosting software and it too is seeing a big drop off in participation.

What's your idea??

geneo

·
Registered
638 Posts
my openion things go in cycles.... this is a slow one...i dont post much cause i dont have anything new to share... im sure the others are simular...
ive been working alot and dont have the time .. my rover is getting to be a real drag and am going to get another...
i still lurk... the new look to the site is not as user friendly ... i get used to things...this just my observation....

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
The new layout is crap. But I think the lack of traffic is just a reflection of the lack of new owners/modifiers of the older models in general. Most Classic Rangies are either dead or in the hands of experienced owners by now. You get the odd newbie with a 'what suspension mod?' but every question you could ever ask has been answered already.

Newer models such as the LR3 have better BB with a more knowledgeable membership.

New Ranger Rovers don't have an enthusiast following.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yeah, I agree its pretty slow compared to 5 years ago. Not as bad as LRR forums though, that one is not as busy anymore either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pirate4x4 has a land rover page that brings LR people together with many others with great site traffic, but you're not talking amongst classic owners which most of us like to do.

I agree the layout here stinks. I can only access the mobile site right now since I recently moved and havent sorted out an ISP. I know I havent been an active participant, but I am a new RRC owner.

We need a board that is more social amongst owners instead of only being a resource thats for when technical advice is needed.

Oh, and I'm having too much fun driving the Rangie to be very active. :)

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
The ads, the speed of the pages loading I think are what ultimately lead to the forums slow down.

Plenty of other forums are very active even on the older Rovers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
FYI, I tried to create a new account today, first using the facebook registration, then, the normal registration. They both failed giving error messages each time I submitted the form. Luckily, after a few tries, it gave me a duplicate email error and I was able to log into this old account. Hard to keep a board going when the registration process is so damn hard.

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
I think it is a basic issue of this and many other sites being purchased by the one company. They are only in it to sell advertising and raise revenue. So the forums are no longer run by enthusiasts. If the interest is not there by the owners, the interest won't be there from the members.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.