Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not that anyone on here needs telling, it's just that today was an excellent example of the versatility of a Land Rover

7:15am- Left home for college 20 miles away. The previous evening I had hitched up the box trailer which had a Truck Cab roof in, whilst the Roof Rack had a Hard Top roof on. I was selling these parts to a fellow Land Rover Owner at college. In the back of the 88 I had my mountain bike since Wednesay is activities day.

8:20am- arrived at college. Have just driven through some country lanes, some dual carriageway and some city centre grid-lock.

12:30pm-Lunch break. Churn through the grid lock again to my friend's house. Unload the roofs, money is exchanged. Churn back to college, have lunch.

1:30pm- The 6 of us who do biking load up. 3 in the front, 3 in the back. On bike (with wheels removed) in the back, 2 on the roof-rack, 2 in the trailer. Drive back out into the country to some Forestry Comission land.

3:00pm- Mountain biking ends early due to terribly muddy, wet impassable conditions, plus numerous mechanical failures. 6 people and 6 bikes taken back to college. I suggest some off-roading, 2 others decide that would be a good idea. On to the motorway, thrash up a couple of junctions until we're back near my home. Do 1 hour green-laning. Pound back down the motorway.

4:30pm- arrive back at college so people can catch various buses/drive home, and so I can pick up the trailer again.

5:20pm- arrive back home.

In one day I towed some loads, did city centre driving, carried 6 bikes and 6 people, ate up about 30 miles of motorway, did some off-roading, and then it carried me home again. If only all days could be like this (very disrupted timetable at the moment due to various exams).

What a marvelous machine! :drive:

Jack

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
The non-believers (non-LR owners) who drive Shoguns, Pathfinders Forerunners and Monteros would say 'so what, I could do all that too', and while they may be able to, at least on the tamest green lanes, they may shy away from the mud bogs. Where the difference really lays, is in that feeling LR owners get, at the end of the day. How many Shogun owners want to give their truck a hug after a long day in the woods?

· Registered
14 Posts
i had a thought on why OLD landrovers are so great. little stlying goes into them. I mean, chose a part on the land rover, any part. then think why is it there? theres aways a functional reason. i mean can the lights get any more basic. can a series get anymore basic and not be a tractor.

· Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
Once saw this on an Land Rover site someware " If it fell off and the Land Rover is still going, it was not important"

Wonder what my whife will say about this, next time i "kick" her off?

· Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
That is the problem, she is altready in love with it!
Once in a while I loose my Landy to my wife! then I am stuck at home looking after our son. I seriously need another Landy!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.