Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished putting new head gaskets on my 2002. First time doing it, so I took my time, made sure each step was done properly. I get it all back together, turn the key, and the emergency flashers start up. I did not push the button, pushing the button has no affect. Turn the key off, they still flash, take off battery cable they obviously stop. Must be a short somewhere, but I need advice on where to start looking.

Btw, engine won't start, not sure if the two are related, but hopefully they are.

Here is the challenge of the day, all suggestions welcome. Thank you in advance for the help.

·
certified idiot
694 Posts
doesnt matter - you can use the KEY in the LOCK to reset the alarm. Try just locking and unlocking and if that doesnt work then there is a reset procedure in the manual of multiple key turns to reset - just dont remember it offhand.
cheers
Barri

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Inertia switch caused the lights to flash?

I can understand a no start but the lights?
To clarify
You disarmed the alarm and reset the inertia switch?

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Good to know
Thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
Inertia switch caused the lights to flash?

I can understand a no start but the lights?
To clarify
You disarmed the alarm and reset the inertia switch?
When I completed the head gasket job on mine, I disconnected the inertia switch to scrub the fire wall, plugged it back in and the damn flashers went nuts, after resetting the switch, they returned to normal. I suppose if you are upside down in the ditch, the fuel pump is off and the lights flash to show passersby the dummy in the ditch?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.