Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally getting back to completing repairs on my Land Rover. It's been sitting up for a couple months with me occasionally starting it up and letting it run to recharge the battery, circulate fluids, etc.

Although this is not new, I did notice a couple of months ago before I stopped driving it, that the inside of the tires were wearing quickly. I did have the CDL engaged because I had not located a local shop to do a rebuild of the front and rear driveshafts.

So my question is: Will driving for an extended period of time cause the inside of the front tires to wear like this or is it because of other suspension issues?

Pics below.

FYI: I'm getting my u-joints rebuilt at a shop here in Dallas recommended by other DII owners. It's going there via a flatbed truck.

Car Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle registration plate
Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle
Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior Wheel Bumper

====
2001 DII; 135K miles
====

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I definitely can see where I have some alignment issues. Taking it to the shop asap. I just though the CDL-engagement might be *part* of the problem since the front tires tend to "drag" in parking situations, etc., because of lack of power to them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.