Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, Im getting ready to convert my rangie back to off road. I would really like to put a winch in the front, but I don't want to buy an entire new bumper. I tried looking it up on rangerovers.net and they only had a set up that required you buying an entire new bumper. Is there anyway to mount a winch onto the existing bumper? I'm not sure if anyone has done this, but I thought maybe around where the license plate is? All ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
165 Posts
P38 Winch Tray

Just because it came up, I thought I'd share my fortunate snag.
I popped into a local Land Rover independant shop and although his buisness is mostly online part sales, he had a used winch tray sitting in the floor. And so I'm think'n he's gotta atleast want $400 for it, and that's even a good deal considering they were like $850-$1000 new... So we chat about some other things, then I bring up the winch tray. Well to finish the story, he let me steal it from him for only $100, can you believe that!

But what is important is, if anyone needs the .pdf file with instructions on how to install the winch tray I've got 'em. And RangeRovers.net says the brushguard is required for installation, that's not true. I don't have a brush guard and I plan on installing the winch tray alone when I budget the money to go buy the winch to put in it. My $0.02 :beer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.