Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**first post**

Rear windows would not go up or down on my 97 disco. Both front windows would go up and down fine. I read that this is a common issue with a dry node on the Windows ECU circuit board.

I re-soldered a couple places on the ECU to make sure everything was "wet", hooked it back up, and found more problems. Now, the back windows go up and down and the front passenger window goes up and down.

As for the driver's window, it was up when I plugged in the ECU to test. I tested it going down and it went all the way down. I toggled it up and nothing. No motor sound, just click. The motor sound still occurs when toggling down (even though it doesn't go any further down).

This is a window that was going up and down an hour before, so it can't be the motor or regulator right? Would be some kind of coincidence if that motor went out in that hour. I must have screwed up the ECU right?...Anyway, about to rip the door panel (and my hair) out.

Thanks for the help.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The little white sliders look intact.

I guess my next question is would it be possible to short out the half of the motor that makes the window go up only. Do you all think this requires a new ecu?

I'm extremely hesitant to think it's the regulator or motor since both were working before I attempted to fix the ecu.

In good news I removed the door panel and was, with great difficulty, able to pull the window up so the disco won't get jacked here in seattle

· Registered
217 Posts
There is a module bypass kit at AB for $15 cures problem. In the past most would remove module and resolder board. I used by-pass kit and never had a reoccurring problem. Hardest part was getting under glove box and getting to module.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
According to them that piece only applies to rear windows, which are now working. No doubt that I should've just bought that in the first place before I attacked the ECU...

My issue is now just with the up function of the front left window

Anyone know where I can get a map of that circuit board and narrow it down to a specific joint that matches that function? RAVE?

Thanks for the help.

· Registered
268 Posts
According to them that piece only applies to rear windows, which are now working. No doubt that I should've just bought that in the first place before I attacked the ECU...

My issue is now just with the up function of the front left window

Anyone know where I can get a map of that circuit board and narrow it down to a specific joint that matches that function? RAVE?

Thanks for the help.
Disconnect the plug for the window motor in question. Apply 12V. See if it moves or tries to move.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.