Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
These pretzels are making me thirsty
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to take the door panel off a 98 D1. My passenger window is stuck. I just wanted to know if there were any tricks to it, before I just go pulling on it. There are bolts under the handle and I can see some clips, do I just need to undo the bolts and pop the clips? Anyway, thanks for any help.

·
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on, someone has got to know how to take the doors apart. I can't drive my car in the rain as it is now. Give me a hand, I beg you!:wave:

·
Registered
490 Posts
It is not too hard to take that door panel off.
Start with removing the speakers. Un bolt those door pulls, unscrew the door latch (inside) then pull up the window seal on top.

You will want to investing in a tool designed to pop those stays. Nice not to break them. Just pop them all around the panel and slightly pull the door panel out and up. Mind that door luck, it will fall. Once you get into it you will find it get pretty easy.

·
Registered
490 Posts
The pain in the butt will be once the panel is off. You will see what I mean when you try to stick you hand in those openings made for 5 year olds. If you have bigger hands... do your best to keep your cool.

·
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of tool is best to use to pop those stays off?
I am sure you're right, breaking them would be a whole new pain in the ass.

·
Registered
490 Posts
You can pick up one of those tools at autozone or other part stores. It look like a mini prybar (sp?) with a slot notched out of the end. Pretty cheap!

For the life of me I can not think of what to call it. Panel removal tool, I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.