Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· 94 Defender 90
1,004 Posts
it's stuck on? :confused not sure i'm feeling that. Aren't factory tints an actual coating on the glass? I'm looking for the look, but also to reduce temperature and fading for the interior. I've always thought of stick on tints as not being the real thing. Is this wrong?

· Registered
81 Posts
cellulararrest said:
it's stuck on? :confused not sure i'm feeling that. Aren't factory tints an actual coating on the glass? I'm looking for the look, but also to reduce temperature and fading for the interior. I've always thought of stick on tints as not being the real thing. Is this wrong?
Stick on tints look fine, and work great (when done by a professional shop).
I had 50% on the front of my last car, and a black/silver gradient tint on the back. Here's a pic w/tint of my last car. The tint held up great for several years. http://www.myhomescape.com/stealth

· 94 Defender 90
1,004 Posts
It does look good (unlike those purple stick ons), but a few years seems kind of cheap. Factory tints last as long as the glass lasts. Are these just as good at blocking unwanted rays? Or are they purely for looks? Maybe I should do some research :) .

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
Cellulararrest

The only way to get "factory" tint is to have it as a factory installed feature.. meaning if the vehicle comes with tinted glass, that is it. It is embedded in the glass. Short of replacing every piece of glass in your LR with CUSTOM cut impregnated glass, the only way to go is stick on tint.

I had several cars tinted and it always lasted for as long as I owned the car. In other words, I got 7+ years out of it.. NEVER had to replace it! Just go to a good quality shop and you will be set.. it's not like that crap people buy at Kragen and put on. You need to have it professionally installed.

Serg

· rovering??
672 Posts
they have lasted for 9 years on my dads daily driver...
and about the stick on tints blocking the uv rays.. they are great at blocking the rays if not better. u have a big variety to choose from, films with different clarity and amount of uv protection...

· Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
01001010 said:
Oh hey rov'n..haha..thanks for the inspiration, after I saw your Signature Image there I decided to work on mine...still workin on a cooler more full image than the one I have now
oh i can put together some really sweet sigs along with some good photoshop skills if you want to give me some pictures.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.