Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running Windows 7 Beta on my computer and have found I cannot open individual posts within the Forums. The post will flash onto my screen for a second and then go blank. I can enter the forums, just can't click thru to individual threads. I also cannot get the Search function to work. Ironically, I have found that I can post new threads. I can read the replies on my iphone but this is not a great system.

I have not encountered this problem on other websites I frequent. Any techies out there with suggestions?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts

·
The Zebra
1,179 Posts
Whose forum are you calling problematic bud? :complain:
LMFAO! Those Windows geeks are all over it huh? Seriously, Windows 7 beta is full of bugs & glitches LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
I meant problematic in the sense that the browser is making it problematic. And yes it has its bugs and glitches- it is a Beta what do you expect? Microsoft relies on Beta testers to identify these bugs so they can be removed before the final version is released, hence the purpose of releasing a Beta to the public.

·
The Zebra
1,179 Posts
I meant problematic in the sense that the browser is making it problematic. And yes it has its bugs and glitches- it is a Beta what do you expect? Microsoft relies on Beta testers to identify these bugs so they can be removed before the final version is released, hence the purpose of releasing a Beta to the public.
Oh, I know, I worked on Windows Vista and a bunch of other Microsoft beta (and Alpha) projects :wave: :wave: :wave:

No offense I called you a geek, I'm a former geek myself

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Oh, I know, I worked on Windows Vista and a bunch of other Microsoft beta (and Alpha) projects :wave: :wave: :wave:

No offense I called you a geek, I'm a geek myself
Fixed that for ya:wave:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I was joking man.

either way, I dont care how many bugs a windows beta system has, its still better than a mac.

·
The Zebra
1,179 Posts
I was joking man.

either way, I dont care how many bugs a windows beta system has, its still better than a mac.
Jake, do you know what you may have started LOL?

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
I use and have used windows for ever, but I would trade both of my windows systems for a decent mac any day of the week twice on sunday.

The UI is vastly superior and it just has a better organized feel and look to it.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I use and have used windows for ever, but I would trade both of my windows systems for a decent mac any day of the week twice on sunday.

The UI is vastly superior and it just has a better organized feel and look to it.
weird because i have both mac and windows, and considering that my mac causes 10 times more (literally) I would trade it for a windows, or a few good window systems, any day of the week, and 5 times on sundays. They only thing I dont like about the windows is i cant use them to replace the broken one in my truck. :D

·
Truth > Freedom
572 Posts
Assuming that is really a Microsoft employee, Wow, I'm impressed Microsoft would start taking the time to check on things like this so directly... :bgreen:

More puzzling, why in the hell anyone would want to leave the pinnacle of Microsoft operating systems that is Vista is completely beyond me. Unless of course your computer is a complete pile of crap not worthy of Vista... :dunno:

·
Registered
8 Posts
@LandyII- No offense taken :)
@Chazz Layne- I am an actual MS employee. The Outreach Team is relatively new so we are working to develop a name for ourselves on forums like Land Rovers Only. If you ever see one of us in a forum feel free to ask us Microsoft related questions. We do our best to answer the questions we can and if not we are usually able to point people towards an answer.

·
The Zebra
1,179 Posts
@LandyII- No offense taken
No problemo! I'm glad to see MS has extended the program to get on top of the bugs before actually releasing the product :wave: :wave:

Wasn't always that way! ;)

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
So what are the system requirements for beta 7 and where can it be downloaded to try out?

·
The Zebra
1,179 Posts

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
well that sucks, of course I'm downloading kubuntu right now as soon as I find away to get itunes working with linux I'm out of the windows business.

I've used vista and was greatly disappointed. I went back to xp on my boxes and started looking for other options.

·
The Zebra
1,179 Posts
well that sucks, of course I'm downloading kubuntu right now as soon as I find away to get itunes working with linux I'm out of the windows business.

I've used vista and was greatly disappointed. I went back to xp on my boxes and started looking for other options.
What kind of Linux are you running that isn't working with iTunes?

Yeah, Vista blows!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts