Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So why not dump your truck and buy a 4Runner? If you swap engines is it really still a Land Rover?

You mean the Buick 215 that Rover refused to let die?

I love my Disco but I dont love everything about it and brittle plastics and troublesome and inefficient powerplant are the two big ones. The vehicle needs constant attention and Ive contemplated going in a different direction many times but then I just grin and bear it when I think about the tradeoffs in other vehicles.

This is the only SUV I know of that can seat 7 people, tow 7700lbs, has a solid front axle/4WD/CLD/crawler gear and looks to kill. I just wish it had been manufactured by Honda instead of the Brits.

·
Expert Crate Digger
232 Posts
The Discovery 2 cracked lower windshield scuttle cowl reminds me of the notorious Ford Explorer cracked rear door panel...

I went ahead and ordered the cowl from Sekotimsa. We'll see how it turns out.
Good luck! I'm interested to see how it goes. I hope you told them you have a LHD Disco!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Good luck! I'm interested to see how it goes. I hope you told them you have a LHD Disco!
I thought about it but I would rather them not drill it. Theyd prolly screw it up. I prefer to do everything myself. If they drill it for RHD I will just plug the holes with the OEM plugs off the old one.

Plus, they havent even responded to an email I sent like a week before I made the order. I'll probably get ripped off but it was only like $60 so I guess it was worth a try. Id rather spend $60 and roll the dice on a forever-part than $300 on a LR cowl thats going to take another dump in 2 years.

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts

·
very disco
1,302 Posts
Honda broke the relationship with LR after the crossroad. Honda introduced their own new compact SUV, the CRV in 1995, leaving LR to find a new partner for the freelander, until BMW took over the rover marque.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I'm having the same problem. Mine was cracked in half, plastic welded and used epoxy but still shattered when i tried to put it back on. Can't seem to find these fiberglass options, miami british is out of stock and the rexypowparts guy fell off the map. Any ideas.

·
Registered
22 Posts
doesn't look like the ones ive found have the clips/hooks that secure it under the windshield, i guess its just held on by the wiper blades. anyone have one of these mounted?

·
very disco
1,302 Posts
@nola000 said he ordered one. Hopefully he can chime in. I need to order one too, but I was waiting for the follow up and then forgot

21 - 33 of 33 Posts