Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have owned rovers for years with essentially with no issues. However, during a moderate rain I went to my vehicle to find the interior of door/windshield rails wet, headliner front edge towards top of windshield wet, and water standing in my rubber floor mat. Took my unit to my dealer within an hour. Service adviser explained the leaking was a windshield problem. I ask the adviser to make me an apt to fix the problem...found out this has been an issue on several rovers. Requires the windshield to be replaced with a new seal kit. I ask for an appointment and my adviser can't make an appointment...I ask why? No windshields available in the US or UK...yes, you read that correctly!! Nada, none...no windshields available period, paragraph!!! However, my adviser said we have temp repair and can do right now while you wait. 30 minutes I was fixed and ready to go...the fix, clear gorilla tape across the top of the windshield and frame. I must tell you I was shocked to say the least!!!! Called LR USA...they confirmed my dealers explanation of the problem and reiterated there are no windshields available and no idea when windshields with be available. I ask if a new seal kit would fix the problem...answer, NO. I was advised that I would have to get in line with hundreds of other rover owners till windshields were available. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

If you have had the same issue please respond...thanks for taking the time to read my post,

Tom

·
very disco
1,305 Posts
I don’t have that problem...

but if I had a D5 under warranty which needed warranty work and they couldn’t repair it, I would be irate to say the least!

I wish I knew law better, but I would imagine they’re under some sort of obligation...

also if I were them, I would rather send you home with a “sorry” than some clear tape!!!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts