Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have owned rovers for years with essentially with no issues. However, during a moderate rain I went to my vehicle to find the interior of door/windshield rails wet, headliner front edge towards top of windshield wet, and water standing in my rubber floor mat. Took my unit to my dealer within an hour. Service adviser explained the leaking was a windshield problem. I ask the adviser to make me an apt to fix the problem...found out this has been an issue on several rovers. Requires the windshield to be replaced with a new seal kit. I ask for an appointment and my adviser can't make an appointment...I ask why? No windshields available in the US or UK...yes, you read that correctly!! Nada, none...no windshields available period, paragraph!!! However, my adviser said we have temp repair and can do right now while you wait. 30 minutes I was fixed and ready to go...the fix, clear gorilla tape across the top of the windshield and frame. I must tell you I was shocked to say the least!!!! Called LR USA...they confirmed my dealers explanation of the problem and reiterated there are no windshields available and no idea when windshields with be available. I ask if a new seal kit would fix the problem...answer, NO. I was advised that I would have to get in line with hundreds of other rover owners till windshields were available. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

If you have had the same issue please respond...thanks for taking the time to read my post,

Tom
Yep, my 2019 Discovery just started leaking. Passenger side, top corner of windshield. Roof fabric in the area is saturated. I am 2 hours from closest dealer. Yay!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Note that the windshield replacement does not appear to have the defrost mesh embedded in the galss anymore. You will have to rely on the old method of blowing defrost on high until the motor is hot enough to clear the ice. Ridiculous

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue, 2019 Disco. I had 30 miles left on my warranty. So by the time it would get to the dealer I would over warranty mileage. I have been told 3 month wait on the glass. Currently have duct tape around the window to try to keep it from destroying my electronics, especially since any repairs are going to be out of pocket. This is my 4th Land Rover, but will prob be my last because of the way Land Rover is turning a blind eye to this issue. If my electronics go, I will definitely be looking to sue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is most certainly a very serious issue with the Discovery. I’ve owned two now and both vehicles had exactly the same issue.
What I find most appalling and disgusting is how Landrover Sandton treat you like they have never seen this before ! There have been court cases over the windscreen issue..
Please don’t treat me like an idiot. Thank god there are forums like this where the dealerships can be held accountable. I will try and post a video of the water streaming through my windscreen after Friday’s storm...
Took the car to Landrover and they are making it my problem ! Totally unacceptable!!!
Same thing for my disco 2017 model. Had a wet floor, I thought maybe I’d left a window open. Then another day noticed water dripping off A pillar. Reported it for warranty repair during service, local dealer acknowledged a known issue. Vehicle returned in repaired as apparently windscreen stock was inaccurate on system. Lack of follow up,from dealer is appalling. Reported worsening conditions 5 days ago, not even a returned call. With last few days 36 hours of solid rain, unsurprisingly the windscreen has now given up. Water dripping out of center roof console, seats, carpets, A Pillars, roof all soaked through. Electrics completely went yesterday temporarily, alarm went off twice in the evening. Dealer still not returning calls. Fortunately got through to parts and they said a windscreen delivered yesterday, would have saved HUGE aggro if they had bothered to call me and get the car undercover before the storm!!!!! Taken in today, fortunately electrics worked this morning. Will see how bad it is. Not impressed, currently main issue is with the dealer, but let’s see if LR provide appropriate warranty response
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have the issue too in our disco 5 2017 which we only found during lockdown. We have to wait until mid nov for it to get fixed but nobody has said this is due to waiting for parts needed. Does anyone know if they have since rectified the problem in subsequent LR’s as were due to change ours v soon and undecided whether to go for another or something else. Thanks
I purchased a 2020 Disco in August. I got in my vehicle yesterday after a rainstorm overnight to find water dripping down the inside of my windshield. The entire headliner, carpets, and doors were saturated. Front seats were damp. I immediately called and the response I got was “oh yeah, this is happening in some of the 2020’s” (insert eye roll). Long story short, they said everything that was wet would be replaced. I’m highly skeptical that all the moisture is going to be removed and it won’t mold. And skeptical the computer system won’t go out as soon as the warranty is up. So to answer your question, NO, it has not been resolved. My first new vehicle in 16 years...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am about to have a second windshield replaced on a 2017 Discovery. First one was under warranty in 2018. Just started leaking again and the dealer (LR of Edison NJ / Ray Catena) and Land Rover NA say it is not covered by warranty. Mind boggling that Land Rover won't cover it or admit the issue. I have never in my life had a car windshield leak and Land ROver seems to think this is normal wear and tear?

·
very disco
2,276 Posts
Judging by all of the forum posts, it’s clearly a **** sandwich. Doesn’t sound like anybody’s doing anything about it tho.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is most certainly a very serious issue with the Discovery. I’ve owned two now and both vehicles had exactly the same issue.
What I find most appalling and disgusting is how Landrover Sandton treat you like they have never seen this before ! There have been court cases over the windscreen issue..
Please don’t treat me like an idiot. Thank god there are forums like this where the dealerships can be held accountable. I will try and post a video of the water streaming through my windscreen after Friday’s storm...
Took the car to Landrover and they are making it my problem ! Totally unacceptable!!!
Just wanted to add on this thread...have a 2020 disco her and been having water drip in through the driver's side A pillar since I bought it. Had the windshield replaced twice, still water coming in, been in and out of dealer 10 times but today they have told me that they finally found the leak. They say it's a bad rivet on the body seam by the windshield. I want to drive the truck off a bridge bc of this mystery leak but hopefully if anyone reads this they can tell the dealer to check.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue with my 2017 Discovery hse td6. Replaced the windshield, fine for awhile, leaked again. Took it back in, dealer said it was a known issue, this time they used a different brand sealer. I ended up trading the car. Not worth all the electrical problems to come as it leaked on screen.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts