Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:

I have to replace the wipers for my Truck; this is the first time that I have to replace them; the front set should be relatively easy. I see it has some kind of lock buttom.

How about the rear wiper, do I have to dismount the spare tire? I don't see the slidding buttom like the front.

Thanks very much

Figman

'01 SE7 ACE SLS

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
Yeah I changed my front wipers for $5 each :) .

What I did is I got the Rain-X wipers , and I tuke the blades out and swaped them with the blades that were in the original wipers . I had to bend the metal grab thingies on the LR wipers to hold the Rain-X wipers blades better .

Hey It toke me only 15 min. and only $10 instead on $70 :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just went by the dealer to pickup the wiper blades, one of the mechanics told that I don't have to remove the spare tire. He said that holding the wiper arm and push the blade down should release the blade. According to him there is a spring that release when you apply presure.

Is this true?

thanks

Figman

·
2,986 Posts
I've only replaced the rear once and i couldn't figure out how to do it without removing the spare.. I'm sure its probably possible, but its probably easier to just take off the spare..

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
On a DII I suggest you swap out the wipers for the DI version. This will allow you to use any wiper you want, easily available. They are also beefier & don't better in mud & snow than the DII wiper which will more easily seize under weight (of snow, mud, etc)

·
Registered
8 Posts
SCSL said:
On a DII I suggest you swap out the wipers for the DI version. This will allow you to use any wiper you want, easily available. They are also beefier & don't better in mud & snow than the DII wiper which will more easily seize under weight (of snow, mud, etc)

Do you need to change the whole wiper arm for the blade to fit?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quick update:

I was able to change the front wipers is no time at all; the trick is to unlock the latch from the lock position and slide it back, extend the wiper arm away from the windshield and then release the old blade and place the new on and lock it back.

The rear was easy as well and I did not have to remove the spare tire; looking at the shape of the blade and where it connects to the arm. I was able to place both hands around where the blade connects onto the wiper arm and push down with my thumbs on the blade while push back with the index fingers on the opposite direction.

With very little force the blade snapped out without any trouble or damage to the arm, installing the new was very easy; just line up the connectors to the arm and apply a bit of pressure, it goes right in.

What I think it made a big difference was to keep the rear door fully open. While the door is closed it's very difficult to see the back of the wiper assembly.

Just two cents.

thanks for your comments

Figman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.