Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello ,

I have owned my 96 disco 1 for just over a year now.

So far I have not really checked all the oil levels or greased in places that probably need greasing.

I would like to know if anyone can point me in the right diection for a routine oil level / greasing info chart showing the best points to grease and where and how much / what type of oils are required sort of thing.

I unfortunatly did not get an owners manual from father christmas, however I heard a rumour that rudolph and the sled were replaced by a LR3.

·
Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Sounds like you need to do a complete fluid change since you don't know when they were last done.
2 gallons on coolant
7 quarts of 80/90 wt. oil for the t/case and both diffs.
6 qt.s of a good engine oil plus a really good filter like a 3001 K&N long filter.
1 quart of power steering fluid
3 pints of dot 4 brake fluid
and a grease gun, with synthetic grease for all the grease jerks on the drive shafts and any steering components.
Swivel grease or oil for your front axles.
Additives for any of these fluids, gas, tranny, power steering engine crank case.
So how mechanical are you??
You shouls also be looking at your cap and rotor, plug wires and plugs and O2 sensors.
Where are you going to start??
Mike J.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.