Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Just bought my first Land-Rover, having driven those owned by HM Armed Forces for years! :D

Question: I live in Norway. It's winter here. My instinct was that I would have to put studded tires on the vehicle to drive it here, but I've been told that the BF Goodrich tires are OK on almost all conditions, as long as it's not a total skating rink. Any experience?

Cheers! :beer:

·
Registered
86 Posts
For winter, I've not found anything that'll beat a skinny Nokian Hakk.

For all-weather on/off road, I like the Pirelli scorpion, have it siped though. The original Michelin was a decent all-weather tire also and rode nice.

I'm sure there will be lots of answers/opinions, in which case there are likely many decent choices.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use them ...

already! I use Nokian tires here in Norway on my car, and they're very good. I was really after people's opinions of how the BF Goodrich M+S tires fare on winter roads ... I don't really want to have to splash out for a new set of winter tires if I don't have to, especially when I'm only going to get a couple of months use out of them! :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'd stick with what you used in the Army.. We used studed tires for Norway and Bosnia and normal Goodyear Army tires for the rest of the year.. I dont think it matters how good the tires is, without studs they will slip on packed snow and ice..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Solution.

After help from various sources, I found out that the BFG Trac Edge is an OK winter tire, and that it can be studded, as long as the wear on the tire is not too bad. Consequently, I will be getting the tires studded in Bergen when I get off the ferry from Newcastle.

Thanks to all for the help. :clap:

Cheers - Guy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.