Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that on my D2, the wiper blade mounts are the kind that only allow you to install cheap wiper blades. I'd like to be able to install wiper arms off another vehicle that are the same length, and grove/spine pattern at the wiper transmissions. If anyone has done this, or knows of arms that will work (maybe off a discovery 3 / lr3 / range rover) let me know please.
Thank you much

· Premium Member
18 Posts
D1 wiper arms on a D2

I bought a set of D1 arms from a local pick n pull yard for $12. All you need is a 13mm open or box end wrench. Don't bother with the rear one.

George in Auburn CA
2002 D2

· Mr. t
561 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
What did I do wrong?
I know it's an old post but I'm having a problem with the D1 wiper arm swap and hoping I can get some help.
I read on the forum about the ease of this swap so I went and bought a new set I'd D1 arms from Atlantic British, I didn't bother with the kit. Installed no problem but with them on I can't open my hood far enough to get the support rod in. The hood now hits the wiper arms.
Thanks in advance.

· Administrator
2,424 Posts
That's odd.
.where are they contacting with the hood ? Pivot end? Blade end? I have d1 arms on my 2002 d2 and had them on my 2000 d2 and had no issues even running big ugly rubber coated winter blades.
Have heard that there has been some problems with chatter and wake spring issues on the A.B. Arms but not fit
??????

· Registered
35 Posts
The hood hits right between the pivot and the bend in the arm. This distance (between the pivot and the bend) is longer than my stock wipers. The wipers sit high on the windshield when at rest. I think this is putting them into the path of the hood. I didn't have huge wipers on them either. New hybrid type with the flexible wiper. I'll add a photo of the new next to the old when I get a chance.

· Administrator
2,424 Posts
A couple pictures of my 2002 with d1 (original) arms:nerd
First is hood open, second is hood closed

Attachments

· Administrator
2,424 Posts
Hood closed

Attachments

· Registered
6 Posts
D1 front wipers work perfect on a D2. I even replaced my rear wiper arm with a D1 rear wiper arm. Works perfect, too! I zip tied the washer hose to the rear arm. I never use the squirter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.