Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any reccomendations on replacement wiper blades for the rig? Can't find them anywhere so I guess I'm looking on line to order. Anyone throw me a bone?:)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Refill blades? Never even heard of em!! call me stupid, but I always just got new wiper blades. Do I just ask for refill blades? Are they all the same?:dunno:

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Trust me, you do not want refills in your old warn out D2 arms and tensioners, they won't give you the type of blade or pressure needed to handle your weather.
Go but 2 new D1's arms on, they have more down force then the D2 arms and then add a set of 21" Bosch Icon's or something similiar.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess a recommendation on where to get the DI arms then... Will, Paul..I got storms coming out the rear here in MN so I need them FAST!! And is this a simple switch over where I can't screw anything up?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
You can't mess up switching over to D1 arms. For the few dollars more it will cost you, I would suggest you buy new, I paid around $17 an arm from the dealer. Using a new one will insure you don't buy something with a 12 or 15 year old set of springs that are supposed to keep tension between the wiper and the rubber.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks once again Mike!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Mike....just got off the phone with the stealership and they want 36 bucks a peice for them arms...:eek:..:eek: Any of our vendors you'd recommend?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
So, yours is a bigger crook then most, I paid $16.76 a piece.
Check with Paul Gant or one of the other guys on this site, they should be able to help you.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Trust me, you do not want refills in your old warn out D2 arms and tensioners, they won't give you the type of blade or pressure needed to handle your weather.
Go but 2 new D1's arms on, they have more down force then the D2 arms and then add a set of 21" Bosch Icon's or something similiar.
To each his own.

·
Registered
230 Posts
You can get D1 arms cheap on Ebay. I switched over to the D1 arms and Bosch Icon blades. Great impovement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
trico neoform beam wiper blades

D1 arms will open you up to a whole world of wiper blade options for your 04 Disco... After this cheap and easy mod, take a close look at trico neoform beam wiper blades. I've been using them for quite a while after switching form icons. Work excellent, are super quiet, look great and are the least expensive top-of-the-line option out there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any reccomendations on replacement wiper blades for the rig? Can't find them anywhere so I guess I'm looking on line to order. Anyone throw me a bone?:)
I just wanted to mention that I had Rain X wipers, each was only about 17” long.

The Bad News: I had purchased the 3 pack from British Atlantic (from Amazon.com), Britpart wiper blades. The rear fit fine. The front did not fit at all. I was surprised. Especially since they cane from BA and I had waited to wear the others out and now it is too late to return on Amazon. However I intend to contact British Atlantic. I’ve since opened an account with them anyway and have been watching their service videos.

The Good News: I was in Home Depot the other night, they had a display of DuPont wiper blades for $3.88 each. I grabbed a couple of 21”. The attachment is perfect. Clipped right on and locked in place. I took one 21” and put it on the passenger side; I took the other back and grabbed the longest they had, a 25”. Put the 25” on the driver’s side. That combo of 25” on D-side and 21” on P-side leaves me equally, one inch on farthest, either side of front glass.

We don’t get much snow or ice so I can run those longer with little worries. The ones that were on there were still good (they were on when I purchased Disco not long ago) but the last time it come a down pour, there wasn’t much doin for anything but narrow view. At any rate I wanted pass along the fitment match. I am assuming I have the original arms.

I thought my wiper fluid tank was busted. But one of the hoses had disconnected. Got lucky in that. Y’all keep a clear view and be safe. Add DuPont to your list of options, they are well made, good sturdy real, good gauge metal (US steel), for a deal (steal). Lol.

·
Expert Crate Digger
262 Posts
Anyone try using a clean rag/paper towel and white vinegar to clean their wiper blades?
Try it. You'll thank me later...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hupalo: I bought this kit from AB here: https://www.roverparts.com/Parts/WAU (Xmas 2019 sale price $53.95). This was exactly the recommendation from others here where you get everything you need, blades included to convert to the D1 style arms with better downforce and standard J hook blades. Good luck on this.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts