Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Support Our Troops
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to change out the wiper switch on a 2001 DII and was looking up how to replace it on the rave manual.

It says I have to remove the rotary coupler, which means I have to remove the steering wheel.

Just wondering if there is a way to change it out without having to remove the steering wheel.

·
Super Moderator
2,163 Posts
The wheel definitely needs to come off which includes removal of the air bag module. The switch slides over the top of the steering column behing the " clock spring" / rotary coupler.
Not a difficult job but proper steps to ensure safety are a must. Do your homework and follow safety precautions including disconnection the battery to the word.
No special tools are required with the exception of possibly a steering wheel puller. I can normally pop the wheel off by hand without a puller but you never know.
I have one in pieces if you need pictures or more help

·
Support Our Troops
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wheel definitely needs to come off which includes removal of the air bag module. The switch slides over the top of the steering column behing the " clock spring" / rotary coupler.
Not a difficult job but proper steps to ensure safety are a must. Do your homework and follow safety precautions including disconnection the battery to the word.
No special tools are required with the exception of possibly a steering wheel puller. I can normally pop the wheel off by hand without a puller but you never know.
I have one in pieces if you need pictures or more help
Yeah I know the way to remove the wheel (not hard to do, but still sucks you have to remove it). Was kind of hoping there was a way around taking it off. I have a puller for the wheel if I need it.

·
Super Moderator
2,163 Posts
If your o.k.with removing thar air bag and the wheel you should have no problem. I have a 2001 that I'm stripping for parts and just pulled the swaths today, maybe 15 minutes to get it out
If this isn't your first rodeo, shouldn't be more than half hour of so

1 - 5 of 5 Posts