Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wipers won't return to park, at the end of the wipper motion they stop any where but not at the base of the window, help.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
The internal switch inside the wiper motor is failing on you, time for a new wiper motor, or at least a salvage motor.
Mike J.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Check the power supply to the motor - one of the wires is always live when the ignition is on. This provides power to take the wipers to the park position after you have switched them off. If the power supply is OK, you have nothing to loose by taking the motor apart and cleaning the switch. If there is no permanent supply you will need to trace it back.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have this same problem and its not much of a pain when its really raining but when its misty, it's worrysome. I now have adequate wiring diagrams so I will test and rebuild, as required, over the holidays.

Please report back as you debug your D, and I will do the same.

rick
'96 D-I
other stuff

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
The park switch in most wiper motors is hard if not impossible to rebuild, never hurts to look though.
Mike J.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks Mike, and Happy Holidays!

Personally, I enjoy the challenges. Rebuilding a non-repareable switch is a fun challenge. :-]

Right now, I am rebuilding a 1918 White Monoplane engine. For that project there are no replacement parts. They all have to be made. And since this is a hobby and hobbies are a voyage, not a destination, the repairs and making the parts are part of the hobby. So if the wipers don't park and it is the switch, I will attempt to repair or remanufacture the parts first. My D-I is for fun AND my daily driver. Fortunately this is not my only car and I can drive the Bimmer while putzing with the D-I wipers.

Thanks again.

BTW, anyone need the schematic for the wipers? I can post it to a web site, if desired.

rick / tulsa

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Rick,
Go for it and let us know how it goes.
Mike J.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts