Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at work...talking to my co-worker about how i was changing the radiator in my 94 disco....and while everything was out i saw were the oil leak was coming from on the front engine and i just tightened the all the bolts i saw (some were really lose :) ) then this guy interupts....WHAT kinda Truck is iT??? i said "its a land rover discovery" he said O discovery yeah.....what is it a 6 BAnger ?....(Me)- No its a V8---him-- O yeah you just need to replace the cam cover valves its quite simple not to hard. Those TOYOTA engines are easy to work on....My freakin jaw dropped...i was like its not a toyota....he insisted it was...i wass like whatever i couldnt argue i was working......told my dad i guess there is a LAND CRusier (wanna be land rover) that toyota makes.....for some reason just mad me so mad.... anyways thought it was a good story

lrdisco94

·
Magicly Delicious
1,030 Posts
hehe, that reminds me of a conversation i had with sone twat in highschool, about acura being the same as honda. no matter how much proof i gave him he denied it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Bene said:
hehe, that reminds me of a conversation i had with sone twat in highschool, about acura being the same as honda. no matter how much proof i gave him he denied it.
Last I checked, Acura is the luxo North American brand from Honda. Hell, some of the models that we know as Acura are badged as Honda overseas.

It's just like Toyota Altezza = Lexus IS200.

Semantics aside, the NSX is uber-badass.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I get that at Advance whenever they're training someone new who doesn't know me, I get to explain the difference between the two (if I'd had the money, I would've gotten a Land Cruiser instead of my Disco, though, glad I didn't do that).

·
Underwater hockey is no dumber than any other spor
259 Posts
I'm getting geared up to hear all sorts of ridiculous comments like that today, going to the DC car show!

·
Registered
490 Posts
LOL

I get that from time to time when I walk into a autoparts store. I have a habit of searching for Rover parts when ever I purchase parts for any of my other vehicles (for future references). Usually, I ask them to look up a part... 98 Land Rover. They in turn ask... "Okay, who makes that?". I tell them Land Rover... sometimes I have to go into an explanation. I assume they are thinking Land Runner or Land Cruiser.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
I use to have that happen to me on a daily bases when I was a manager at a local Autozone....... But it just made me laugh....... The guy that got to me was an older man who had a bone stock blazer (s-10, the small one) and talked about how great it was and how horrible LR was...He kept going on about how the brits have no idea how to build cars worth a darn and how land rovers are horrible 4x4's, not to mentiona buch of other bad things he said about them......You should have seen his face when I had to jump start him....He was really quiet after that!

·
Registered
490 Posts
LRDisco94 said:
I was at work...talking to my co-worker about how i was changing the radiator in my 94 disco....and while everything was out i saw were the oil leak was coming from on the front engine and i just tightened the all the bolts i saw (some were really lose :) ) then this guy interupts....WHAT kinda Truck is iT??? i said "its a land rover discovery" he said O discovery yeah.....what is it a 6 BAnger ?....(Me)- No its a V8---him-- O yeah you just need to replace the cam cover valves its quite simple not to hard. Those TOYOTA engines are easy to work on....My freakin jaw dropped...i was like its not a toyota....he insisted it was...i wass like whatever i couldnt argue i was working......told my dad i guess there is a LAND CRusier (wanna be land rover) that toyota makes.....for some reason just mad me so mad.... anyways thought it was a good story

lrdisco94

You know, one thing is not knowing and having to correct them. It is completely another thing for them to freaking argue with you... when they are so damn wrong. That really gets my shorts in a bundle.

Usually, you can go down to Discount Tire and pick up a good argument with any of those "know it alls". F'ers!!! Well the ones down off Bryan Irvin Road.. anyways. I have never had much luck with that company. Many people have though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.