Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turned off car last nite and emergency lights flashed, car makes whooshing sound, Park Brake light is on, message window says "Park Brake Error" and will NOT turn off, had to remove cable off battery to turn off. Does anyone know what is happeing? Thx, Cynthia :frown

·
1,852 Posts
First of, what Land Rover and year?
Dave

·
1,852 Posts
OK. The way to turn it off: Put gear on Park, Put foot on brake pedal push on break pedal and then press E-Brake Button down at same time.
Do not un plug battery.
If it is still on let me know.
Dave

·
1,852 Posts
Oh... Just realized your e-brake has locked up.
You would have to release it manually to be able to drive it. Did you have your rear rotors and brake pads done recently?
Dave

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,
I did it and it appears to have worked. I am holding my breath because it just happened last night out of the blue so I'm afraid it will happen again. Thank you so much, I tend to panic when things like that happen. Any idea why it happened?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh... Just realized your e-brake has locked up.
You would have to release it manually to be able to drive it. Did you have your rear rotors and brake pads done recently?
Dave
Hi,
I just saw your follow up message. Last night I parked it in a small snow pile and when I tried to turn off the car is when all the crazy happened. So I drove it home and took off the battery cable. I thought I would ask the experts this morning. For the next time, G-d forbid, how does one release the E-brake manually? Thank, Cynthia

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Car won't turn off, park brake lite on, again.

Hi,
I just saw your follow up message. Last night I parked it in a small snow pile and when I tried to turn off the car is when all the crazy happened. So I drove it home and took off the battery cable. I thought I would ask the experts this morning. For the next time, G-d forbid, how does one release the E-brake manually? Thank, Cynthia
Hi,
I drove the car for two days and it seemed okay but just now when I went out the same thing happened. I turned off the car, removed the key and the lights began to flash, park lite is on the dash and it makes a whooshing sound from the air ducts. I tried what you suggested the other day and this time it did not work. Any idea's what I should do next? If I bring it to the garage can I make a suggestion as to what it might be? Thank you. Cynthia

·
Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
It could be a problem with the parking brake ECU. I'd have a Rover shop hook their computer to it to read any fault codes. That'll give you a better plan of attack than just throwing parts at it.

Colin

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK. The way to turn it off: Put gear on Park, Put foot on brake pedal push on break pedal and then press E-Brake Button down at same time.
Do not un plug battery.
If it is still on let me know.
Dave
i have the same problem,when m switching off the iginition and remove the key, still the car is on untill i press the brake pedal the car turned off ,any idea what is that problem? my car is lr 3 2008.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts