Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
These pretzels are making me thirsty
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to install a new stereo and needed some help, so after much searching, I finally found a place to download workshop manuals. The pack comes with the manuals for the Rangie P38, Freelander, and Disco 2, and Defender. Unfortunately I have a Disco 1, but hopefully this will help me anyway. For some reason, this install is being a bitch, I have put in stereos before, but all in Chevy trucks and thats pretty easy.

Anyway, here you go: http://www.cannell.co.uk/Manuals.htm

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
What are you trying to install?

I use the workshop manuals for reference but you are truly one for punishment. The Haynes diagrams are better albeit smaller but nothing that a good photocopier can not handle.

What are you trying to install?

Adam in NYC

·
These pretzels are making me thirsty
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trying to install an Alpine 9853. I took out the HU (an older Kenwood) to find a Seagate Radio Replacement interface. But I read in several places that this wasn't needed, so I took it out and wired up. First problem was that when I turned the key to the "ON" postion, the new unit would start up then immediately shut off. So I checked all connections, started the engine this time, hit power and the unit started up. BUT... nothing but static out of the speakers, if I turned it up I could hear the music, but just barely. Anyway, not being to happy, I turned off the car completely, checked connections again, turned the key to "ON" and the unit powered up, then the fuse in the HU blew. Bout that time I had to go to work, so I haven't messed with it in a while. But I just got off, so I'll take a nap and try to start trouble shooting again. Any insight or suggestions would be much appeciated. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.