Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 04 D2, at 65MPH(on speedo) my GPS says im doing 60 and the OBD2 bluetooth device with Torque APP says 60 as well...

I dont normally care but which number is changing my odometer? The visual speedometer that I see or the OBD one on the computer?
I dont want to be adding extra fake miles on the vehicle ya know..

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
What size tires are you running, is it the stock size?
For the most part, if you are running stock size tires, there is nothing you can do about it.

· Registered
115 Posts
The torque app is probably using your Android's gps for the speed. From the torque website " as well as use your phones internal GPS and accelerometer sensors to graph other information such as acceleration"

Find a road with mile markers and compare the odometer to the markers.

I am running 32" tires on my DII. I have to add 10% to the speedo to match the gps. My ultra gauge isnt close to either. I need to adjust it.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response guys. The torque app has a GPS speedo and the OBD one built in. I can disable my GPS on the phone and the OBD one will still work.

@Disco Mike, First, do you have any family in Boulder? My brother and sister in laws live there. They got the flooding bad...3ft of sewage in their apt. :/

Second. Yes stock size. It had sumitomo's on it when I bought it. I plan on running some larger maybe 265 60 18's or so which will probably fix the bias, but wont be for another 5-10k.

Off topic, but is it just me or does it seem like the weight bias on these d2's is pretty far in the back? When it is wet, my front tires just glide across the pavement when I try to steer. Also I loaded the back with a few hundred pounds of 1'x1'x2" pavers and to be expected it was heavy for the rover, but I almost wheelied!

· Registered
408 Posts
I haven't checked the OBD road speed yet, but when checked against GPS and lidar, my speedometer reads about 3MPH faster than actual speed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.