Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will consider any and all conditions. I am in New York and will arrange shipment/transport at my expense. The model is a personal fav and finally have the opportunity to consider one.

Thank you

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just purchased one on ebay. It is in Oregon, hopefully getting picked up next week

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
Why early '80's? I had an '85 and enjoyed the LT77 5 speed and LT230 transfer case. It was far more civilized (and that's not saying much by today's standards) than the earlier four speed transmission and transfer case. Plus, '85 was the first year the dash actually started to look like what we'd see in '87 with the first US imports. That '85 was by far my favorite Rover and I've owned plenty. It really came to life when I installed a tweaked 4.0L and ditched the Strombergs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be honest I like the pre 85's by pure aesthetics. I'm a big fan of the simplicity and lines of the first classics. I plan to swap the engine and tranny for a modern crate diesel, paired with a automatic I have yet to decide on.

Tough finding one so far. But I will not get discouraged!!

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
Have you considered going on ebay uk and just having one shipped over?

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
Yes you can, my 83 110 is legal as can be and right hand drive. You could switch it I guess but why bother it's more fun seeing the look on people's faces and backing up through drive thru's.

Make sure though that it is original not some newer diesel installed and 25 years old,

Doug over on Defendersource.com is a very reliable and respected guy in the import business. If you find something you like get in touch with him and he can take care of the importation part.

http://www.dividingcreekimports.com/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes you can, my 83 110 is legal as can be and right hand drive. You could switch it I guess but why bother it's more fun seeing the look on people's faces and backing up through drive thru's.

Make sure though that it is original not some newer diesel installed and 25 years old,

Doug over on Defendersource.com is a very reliable and respected guy in the import business. If you find something you like get in touch with him and he can take care of the importation part.

http://www.dividingcreekimports.com/
You are the man! Thank you

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
No problem.

Oh and another reason to leave it RHD is it would cost a **** ton of money to convert. I'd rather be different than broke lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts