Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, just joined the forum,
I have just today replaced the XYZ gear selector on my 2001 Discovery in the hope that it would cancel the 2 green flashing lights on the dashboard, it didn't!! Has anybody ANY ideas as to what to do next as I am at a total loss. Im in the south west of France and its winter, just when I need the vehicle the most.
Id appreciate any thoughts or previous experience so I can get the vehicle on the road again.
Regards
Charlie Cook

·
Super Moderator
2,148 Posts
Welcome to the forum the forum

Please only 1 thread per topic

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Hi everybody, just joined the forum,
I have just today replaced the XYZ gear selector on my 2001 Discovery in the hope that it would cancel the 2 green flashing lights on the dashboard, it didn't!! Has anybody ANY ideas as to what to do next as I am at a total loss. Im in the south west of France and its winter, just when I need the vehicle the most.
Id appreciate any thoughts or previous experience so I can get the vehicle on the road again.
Regards
Charlie Cook
Hi. There can be around 20 reasons for flashing M+S warnings and the way to the root of it is by reading the fault code stored in the autobox ECU

·
Registered
225 Posts
A very common cause of the flashing, green M&S lights is low voltage. Fery is correct that there are 17 transmission faults that can trigger the flashing M&Ss and replacing the (expensive) XYZ switch without getting the diagnostic codes read is just throwing money at the problem blindly. Check the battery and alternator voltages.

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts