1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Faster than the speed of hound...
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
That is insane......There is now way it's worth that....

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think that anywhere except the USA $40,000 for a SIII, even one in that condition would be ridiculous.

In the UK, that vehicle would be worth £6-8,000 maximum.

However, given that the USA has no mass 2nd-hand Ninety/One Ten/Defender market, and a limited stock of Series Landys, that's probably a reasonable price from what I've seen. :eek:

·
94 Defender 90
1,073 Posts
no. there is no way he will get that. I've seen ground up restored series's go for 15-20k. Copley had one a while back.

Im not sure thats true funrover, yes expensive, buy it might not be far off. Look at d90s, though they are much newer they are selling for same price w/ 40k miles.
That's not really a good comparison though. The D90 is a different vehicle in the US. To the public it is perceived very differently. Though it is insane that people sell them for the same price they paid. Talk about a good investment =].

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ebay is the devil.

I think the seller is just playing the "one born every minute on Ebay" game. There is no way in hell it'll go for even half that to a Series enthusiast. Even if he had $150K in receipts - it is still not worth what he has in it.
Anyone who has ever restored a classic car knows that.

~Art Vigil

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
was just guessing....now im curious to know what it actually sells for. Would be really cool to have one....though $20k is still steep, would just buy an old one and restore it myself.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Art Vigil said:
IAnyone who has ever restored a classic car knows that.

Don't bring truth into this..... :bawling:

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
I know!! It would be perfect!!! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: I dont have any cash now, but if you could get it for around $3000 you could part it out for more....maybe $5k+? Arnt the engines alone like $2500?

·
Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
BS!!!!!!!

$55K at 6.8 SA Rand to the $ = R374K

That is the price of a brand new Landrover 130 Dubble cab or a Disco 3!
You could also get some middle of range BMW, volvo or Merc new for that.
Sh1t that is the proce of a small house here in SA!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
There was a similar 109 on eBay awhile back for $56000 starting bid, but it expired and I haven't seen it back. Also this truck was on lrx.com for somewhere in the mid-60s I believe.

I suppose you always want a few trucks that are valued sky high to counter all the 10-20 year old rangies and early disco's that are hitting the skids and lowering the average selling price of our trucks.

Dave

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
DallasRover said:
Anyone want a IIA?....................cheap, only 65K :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yeah, you see these things come up every once in a while.

When I redid my series truck, it cost me about $15k...doing everything myself. So, I'd say someone who spends $75k on a series restoration has *no* idea what they are doing and paid someone to do all the work. They are now convinced that the vehicle is worth that much, since they spent that much on it...sorry.

Although you might find a sucker with that much money, no series rig is worth over $25k...

Bogatyr

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.