Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if im being such a newby with all this stuff but would like to maximize my knowledge before hitting the mountians this fall. (also my owners manual is still not orders but will be getting one soon lol)

The mode button on the automatic shifter, is that just for use for going into gears 1 2 and 3? Or is there something else with that button.

·
94 Defender 90
1,073 Posts
I believe that will put you into both sport and manual mode. Sport mode changing your shift points later so your engine will rev higher. Manual mode locking you into the gear you select.

For example if you select gear 2 at a standstill in normal mode, the transmission would start out in 1st then shift up to 2nd and stay there. If you were to select 2nd in manual mode, the transmission would start in 2nd gear and stay in 2nd gear.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Manual vs. Sport

suggestion:

leave it in manual mode all the time for better fuel economy. Save gas. If you're in need for acceleration it only takes a second to push the button, which will indicate an "S" with a circle around it on your dash for increased rpms up to 5-6,000. Leave it in "M" mode and its manual mode which surely will keep rpms under 3,000 but if you floor it with manual mode it creeps to 4,000 sometimes.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have toyed with this feature a few times and I have found that by not using it unless I need the higer rpms then it drives fine. OrangeCounty how much better is the mpg when using manual mode, I have not heard this before and I was curious as to what exactly the difference is in gas milage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.