Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no LR3 - we decided not to keep it since we didn't like the way it handled on road...

And it's waaaay toooo much moola (and insurance) to use as a moderate trail truck when we've got my RRC :) and I will soon be able to go anywhere in it (as long as I have a spare fuel pump in my back pocket! - LOL)

the P38 is really nice though - I highly doubt we'll ever buy one of the Ford Rovers... really not impressed with any of them.

Just a few bugs on the P38, Jen's already out there getting dirt under her nails starting to work on - hey so far we got the radio and the EAS to work! I even took care of the "alignment" problem by checking and fixing the air pressure in all the tires.

No D90 just yet but we are looking at a S11a :D

Who knows if the right D90 hartop rolls across my path I may have to grab it up! But then again I've been looking at getting something like a Volvo X70 or the BMW X5???? :dunno:

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only going to lift it as high as the air bags will let it go - with my RRC elephant - and Jen's D1 that's already lifted ... we decided on only using the P38 as the family truck. Should be waaaaay more comfortable to drive/ride in for long distances :) - But don't you worry it will get offroaded, we "ain't" no wimps over here!

First we have to put this in though.... turns out the rear main bearing took a bite out of the short block... just got home from picking this one up. Should be a fun job, we've never done one before but we have our RoverEd guiding the way :) It's a 4.0 what I like to call 3/4 block, more than a short block but less than a long block :D

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
New shot of the driveway - too bad the red one is not ours though - it's just waiting on a new distributor, then goes back to it's rightful owner..... But I like the way it looks - I think it gives character to the house :)

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought you might like that color :)

Keeping it is a definite no-go though. It's owner is a miliraty guy who was here long enough to drive it before the dist went out then got shipped back overseas. He's owned it for a very very long time and really loves it.

We almost bought the one below; but after closer inspection of both it (SIIa) and the P38 - the P38 was a better choice. There was A LOT of rust on the bulkhead so that helped withthe decision. A good friend here is a Series guy and one day we may build one up from his extra parts in his yard :)

· Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Nice house too!..........or is that just a facade with more Land Rovers behind it.....lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.