Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

As my name suggest, I'm from the other side of the world but the internet works wonders, doesn't it?
Been following this space for some time now so I thot I join in. Took a trip to Tasmania (that's in Australia) a few months back and saw lots of LR Disco there. They sure look cool so I got myself one. Its a white diesel-powered 96 Disco 1 (known as the TD1 here, is it the same over there?). At first the oil leaked but found out that the last owner overfilled it. The leak stopped once the level went down to 'full' on the dipstick.
Anyway, any advice for this newcomer?

I've driven an isuzu trooper and mitsubishi before but the Disco feels more comfortable. Sure drinks though, I'm only getting about 8.2 km/litre (is that something like 41 mpg?). Is that normal?

· Registered
5,468 Posts
Dude, if you get 41 mpg, I'll share my sheep with you! More like 12 - 14 mpg.

Welcome to the forum. We have petrol (gas) rovers here. There are a few diesels but they are usually ones who have been imported - legal or otherwise - or ones that have hed their engines transplanted.

But anyways, welcome!

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Welcome to the forum..... I wish i had a diesel rover... someday..... From my understanding on the highways they get better mileage but when wheeling or doing a lot of stop and go that is about right.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I got the conversion wrong. Thanks for the correction and for making me feel better now about the amount of diesel I use up daily. The thing is diesel is much cheaper here compared to petrol, hence the number of diesel 4WD's on the road.

· Forward!
2,319 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Disco! :clap: Unfortunately diesel fuel over here in the states hasn't quite caught on. It probably has something to do with all the terrible diesels that were produced during the gas shortage in the seventies, I don't know. It seems everyone I talk to wishes their rover were diesel, wish Land Rover would listen. Enjoy your truck, looking forward to seeing some pics of where your from.

:drink1:

· MG
714 Posts
Welcome to LRO! In Bolivia, about 1/3 of the Discos on the road are Tdi.

Let's see some pictures!

Cheers,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.