Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...new Landy Owner Signing in!!! :wave:

How do fellow landy peeps across the big pond!
Looks like this is a good forum that has been set up here, hope I can learn some new stuff and help out others as well!

Now if yer would excuse me I'me gonna have another look around!! :D

Cheers

Geobloke

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pedro said:
Hello Geo bloke,im new here my self. :wave:
Hey have I met you somewhere before?? Maybe in spain? or was it portugal???? ;)

Heheheeheeh!

Cheers

Geo.

·
Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
Sorry to interrupt your private party, but what do you guys drive?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Moeras said:
Sorry to interrupt your private party, but what do you guys drive?

Hello Moreas. Sorry very rude of us!

I drive a Red D90 CSW 200TDI, 1992 model with;

disco steels, nudge bar, spots, fogs,

and will soon have fitted;

swingaway spare wheel carrier, safari snorkel, twin rear work lights, qt diff guards and also chequer plate wing tops and bonnet protector!

And heres a pic of Eva (thats her name!) doing what she loves doing! Oh and I don't mind doing it as well!! :D :D

Cheers

Geobloke

·
Registered
447 Posts
Nice wheels, Geobloke. Defenders are somewhat harder to come by here in the States, so I alwas drool when I see them. I've got a stock 2003 Discovery, but my pride and joy is my 1991 Range Rover Classic SWB with Old Man Emu suspension 2 inch lift and off- road tires. Will be modifying and upgrading some things over the years, but want to keep her looking pretty close to original - she's a work of art. By the way, how does one go about naming one's vehicle?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I hate to interupt this conversation but I thaught people might like this one.

I named my truck after an ex girlfriend because I thaught they had some traits that were similar.
Needed lots of attention & bumpy and fun to ride.
This I recomend is not such a good idea because when the new girl i started dating found out why It was named _____ it all hit the fan no bumpy fun rides with her for a while.
Now I just refer to it as 130 it's a hell of a lot safer.
Adam

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
130CC said:
I hate to interupt this conversation but I thaught people might like this one.

I named my truck after an ex girlfriend because I thaught they had some traits that were similar.
Needed lots of attention & bumpy and fun to ride.
This I recomend is not such a good idea because when the new girl i started dating found out why It was named _____ it all hit the fan no bumpy fun rides with her for a while.
Now I just refer to it as 130 it's a hell of a lot safer.
Adam
I couldn't agree more! Sheesh mate yuh fell right in to that one!! :eek: Suprised ya didnt end up single or minus a couple of limbs!!! :D

As for naming the vehicle, it is (of course) a very personal thing, some people dont like to name them, I do!

I my case I have a very nice friend (who now resides in Canada - can I say that without getting barred from a US forum?? :eek: ) who is Austrian and when I first got the D90 she asked what are you going to call it?

So I said something feminine but not sure wot!

She turned round and said well you couldn't have a name like Jenifer or Sarah cos they are far too ladylike, which of course a defender is certainly not! Then she looked at the number plate and said I've got it, Eva!

I said why? too which the reply was where I come from EWA (the last 3 letters of the registration plate!) is pronounced EVA, and since the vehicle is so chunky and gorgeous it just seems to fit!

So the D90 got a name, albeit said with a german accent!! :D

I think that number plates play quite a roll in naming a vehicle!

However not always, I have a friend (who incidently is moving to Maine (US) in Febuary/March) who bought his Series III 88" SW from a garden centre and the landy had the name of the garden centre on the vehicle and from that the SIII was named Nettie! Who by the way is gorgeous and will be moving to the US with him! Will have to get him on to this forum!!!

Naming after characteristics of the vehicle is another way and usually spawns names such as; oily, muddy, tonka, beast, dead-again!!

Cheers

Geobloke

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hermanpj said:
Nice wheels, Geobloke. Defenders are somewhat harder to come by here in the States, so I alwas drool when I see them. I've got a stock 2003 Discovery, but my pride and joy is my 1991 Range Rover Classic SWB with Old Man Emu suspension 2 inch lift and off- road tires. Will be modifying and upgrading some things over the years, but want to keep her looking pretty close to original - she's a work of art. By the way, how does one go about naming one's vehicle?

Yeah so I here! is a pity the defenders aren't more accessible to you over there, they are so gorgeous! Is that a biased opinion?? :D

Oh! forgot to mention, Eva also has a 2" lift with pro comp +2" shocks and will be getting dislocation cones and extended brake hoses as well.

And since you were soooo complementary here is another pic or 2 for ya to drool over!!! The blue one is Nettie!! Red is Eva! :cool:

Cheers

Geo.

·
Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
I am one of those guys that feel that vehicles, ships aircraft, weapons ect. is always female.
They demand the same amount of attention, montey and gives the same amount of sh1t and pleasure.

My '74 SIII 88' is simply called "Landy".

·
Registered
447 Posts
Help me name my Range Rover

Ok... here is her background. This is a good truck. She runs great. But is tempermental. This morning, all the locks on the right side just refused to work. They'll work again later today, but not this morning.

Her Left side is very pretty, her right side is a little bit dented. OK, its a lot dented, but I see these as grace lines, at least until I can afford to repair them.

See picture.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts