Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...your neighbor comes over to ask how much you're selling your 71' Mach 1 for and the conversation quickly shifts over to Land Rovers and off roading, even if the other person has no clue what you're talking about.

...when you go to the supermarket and tell whom ever you're with to go ahead and that you'll meet up with them later, because you're going to check out an LR with the slightest mod to it.

· 94 Defender 90
1,004 Posts
01001010 said:
...when you go to the supermarket and tell whom ever you're with to go ahead and that you'll meet up with them later, because you're going to check out an LR with the slightest mod to it.

Never happened to me at the supermarket, but anywhere else it sure has. I like to leave notes in the windshield wipers too! Maybe I should print off some landroversonly fliers to put on there too.

· Registered
734 Posts
01001010 said:
...your neighbor comes over to ask how much you're selling your 71' Mach 1 for and the conversation quickly shifts over to Land Rovers and off roading, even if the other person has no clue what you're talking about.

:buttrock: Took a detour in the Target parking lot to check out a D90 on Saturday...........

· Registered
789 Posts
You know your a landover owner when... the mall has shoveled thier parking lot, yet you choose to park on a 30 degree angle in the snow mound in the back corner of the lot. :buttrock:

....when your neighbor points out your truck is leaking on your driveway, and you say "he's not leaking, he's marking his territory!" :cool:

· Registered
528 Posts
when you sit in the cold waiting for your rover to be serviced at some swedish werkes shop 15 minutes from campus and stay an extra 2 hours just to talk to the guy who owns the heavily modded d90 and ask him why he's not an LRO member yet :clap: :beer:

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Let me see......
I leave notes on wipers.
Detour to look at other rovers
Park where the snow has been moved to
Talk about wheeling all the time
Talk with the owners of other rovers for hours!!!

Well I guess I am a certified roverhead!!!

· I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
You know your a roverhead when...
You point out a Rover and proceed to park by it and talk to the owner when your wife says "we don't have time for you to talk to them, keep driving/park somewhere else".

· Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
wolf said:
You know your a landover owner when... the mall has shoveled thier parking lot, yet you choose to park on a 30 degree angle in the snow mound in the back corner of the lot. :buttrock:

....when your neighbor points out your truck is leaking on your driveway, and you say "he's not leaking, he's marking his territory!" :cool:

I did Park like that in a resturaunt that A DSM meet was at with my Talon AWD . All of the club member made fun of me for doing that , but they had to park across the street in some hotel parking lot , cause there was no spaces , yet no one tuke a pic of my car parked like that :(

Leacking oil is true with DSM's too.
Power stering , Engine , Tranny all leacked on my talon . I'm glad that antifreze did not leaked :) .
Ans all those leaks I would take care with a proper gasket etc.. and 3-6 mounths later leack would come back .

· MG
714 Posts
When your wife, who normally can't tell the difference between a Mercedes and a Kia ("they're both the same color!"), can help you spot Rovers.

· Registered
261 Posts
if you spend as much time looking for disco's on the internet as you do your homework, or if seeing a modded disco will make you smile 10 minutes after fighting with your parents.
btw 96 owner, is a license even required for trail driving?

· Registered
5,468 Posts
Instead of playing "slug bug" your kids play "slug rover".

Your kids can tell the difference between a D1 and a D2.

Your kids are dying for you to get a Series vehicle because they are cool.

Your kids laugh at H2's and H3's and flip them off, unbeknownst to you, as you drive by. :mad: (WTF??!!?? did you boys do now???)

You kids think you have the toughest truck in town and call it "The Black Widow Land Rover Monster Truck".

Your kids tell you to get a bigger lift so you can fit bigger tires.

By the way...my boys are only 4, 5, and 10 years old.

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
llesra said:
when you meet people from the internet, bring the girlfriend along, and ditch her while you ogle three sweet modded rovers outside.

:shifty: This sounds familiar!!!!!! LOL....I paid for that later...LOL

AND THOSE DARN POTATOES!!!!! LOL :D

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
me.guevara said:
When your wife, who normally can't tell the difference between a Mercedes and a Kia ("they're both the same color!"), can help you spot Rovers.
Not only that...She tells me what mods she wants done to hers...She doesn't even have it yet!!

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
...... You are addicted to this site and you are more up to date on SCSL and his project than what is going on in the world or in your own life!!!! :D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.