Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am positive this is not new ground here but not finding much on the net about it. I want to swap my ZF in my 98 to a R380... My 96 drives so much better especially up hills that I am just disgusted with the ZF anymore and the power loss that it creates. What all is involved in doing this swap other than the obvious: trans, slave,master,pedal box probably flywheel. The CPS are the same but may be spaced different. I hav eboth trucks to compare but want to know what parts I need to get and what challenges I need to overcome...Sometimes easy things wind up being more work than anticipated. Especially when you want to complete it in a weekend? Experience is gold here guys:). Let me know if any of you have done this and what I am in for... My ZF shifts smooth and is fine but after 16 years I am just tired of it...Like the manual so much better... Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I heard a nasty rumor that the cross members were different, I haven't looked but I think they are the same...Since R380 trucks do not grow on trees in this country I may need to get parts from UK...

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
Actually check around with the usual suspects, Paul Grant, Will Tillery etc in my signature line. One of them can probably put together a swap kit for you. You will need a bunch of parts and there may be some issues with the computer in the 98 I have no idea if that is the case though.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just contacted drillbit so we will see... I bought a written of low mileage 98 LE with very light front end damage I am going to use... hood, core support. L fender, radiator, condensor and clutch fan/water pump are hosed but it runs good. inner fender not bad so little time on a frame rack and be good as new. rust free chassis and shell:)
:buttrock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.